Moist Fried ChickenFrom jjksangel 4 years ago
- 1 whole frying chicken cut up shopping list
- 6 - 8 c. vegetable oil shopping list
- marinade shopping list
- 4 c. water shopping list
- 1 tbsp salt shopping list
- Coating shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 c. milk shopping list
- 2 c. flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp chicken spice shopping list
- * I use 4 chicken breast and cut them up to make chicken strips. I also fry my chicken in a skillet on med-high heat and cook one side at a time. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Trim any excess skin and fat from the chicken pieces. Preheat the oil in a deep fryer to 350
- 2. Combine the water and salt for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the chicken to the bowl and let it sit for 20 mins. Turn the chicken a couple times as it marinates.
- 3. Combine the beaten egg and milk in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, combine the remaining coating ingredients (flour, salt, pepper, chicken spice)
- 4. When the chicken has marinated, transfer each piece to paper towels so that excess liquid can drain off. Working with one piece at a time, first coat the chicken with the dry flour mixture, then the egg and milk mixture, and then back into the flour. Be sure that each piece is coated very generously. Stack the chicken on a plate or cookie sheet until each piece has been coated.
- 5. Drop chicken, one piece at a time into the hot oil. Fry half of the chicken at a time ( 4 pieces ) for 12 - 15 mins or until golden brown. Be sure to turn the chicken half way so it cooks even on both sides.
The Cookjjksangel Bonner Springs, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!