Chocolate Peanut Butter CupcakesFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- Yield: 24 cupcakes shopping list
- For the filling: shopping list
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- For the cupcakes: shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- For the frosting: shopping list
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup whipped topping shopping list
How to make it
- Start by preparing the filling. In a medium bowl mix together the confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. Shape the peanut butter filling into 24 balls. (Balls will be sticky and don’t need to be perfectly shaped.) Place the peanut butter balls on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 standard muffin-pan cups with paper liners.
- To prepare the cupcakes, mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, mix together sour cream, milk, and 1 tsp vanilla, then set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the granulated sugar and butter on low speed and mix until just blended. Increase the speed to high and beat for 1 minute. Reduce speed to low; and add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue to beat for 1 to 2 more minutes until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until ingredients are combined, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Spoon 1 heaping measuring tablespoon batter into each muffin-pan cup. Drop 1 peanut butter ball in center of each cup and top with another heaping tablespoon batter. Bake cupcakes 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Immediately remove cupcakes from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- While the cupcakes cool, prepare the frosting. In large bowl, with mixer on medium-low speed, beat butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until smooth and blended. Add powdered sugar slowly, incorporating fully after each addition. Add the whipped topping and beat until smooth and creamy. Frost cupcakes as desired.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!