Double - Blueberry Super Corn MuffinsFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1 (12-oz) can whole corn kernels, drained well shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow corn flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp maple syrup shopping list
- zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 tbsp non-fat Greek style plain yogurt shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries, soaked in hot water and drained shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to broil and spread corn kernels out on a lined or lightly greased baking sheet.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes, until they toast and begin to lightly char (don't burn them too badly!). Set aside.
- Lower the oven to 375°F and line muffin cups with paper cases.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flours, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, maple syrup, lemon zest, buttermilk, egg, butter and yogurt, blending well.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir just to combine, then fold in the toasted corn and both types of blueberries.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until they test done.
- Cool slightly on a rack before enjoying or serve completely cooled.