Chief's Choice SaladFrom BestOodles 3 years ago
- Dried ingredients: shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried corn (maize mote), washed shopping list
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms, washed shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy chips shopping list
- 3 cup young garbanzo beans shopping list
- 3 tbsp szechuan peppercorns and chili oil shopping list
- 6 branch cilantro, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 green onion, chopped shopping list
- Liquid ingredients: shopping list
- 2 tbsp rice wine shopping list
- 2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1.5 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Starts by soaking corn overnight with liquid ingredients, then the next day add shiitake mushrooms and soy chips for 30 more minutes. Finely cut soaked mushrooms.
- Place all ingredients including soaked liquid (avoiding any gritty sediment that has settled on the bottom of the bowl) in a pot except chili oil, turn to high heat. When boil turn down the heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Take out young garbanzo beans with strainer ladle and leave the rest of the ingredients in to continue simmering.
- Next, after 5 more minutes, strain soy chip and continue simmering the rest of them until only 3 to 4 tbsp of liquid left about 20 to 30 minutes. Turn off the heat; mix in chili oil, cilantro, and green onion. It is ready to serve.
- • If you would like to speedy salad replace fresh or frozen white/yellow corn with dried corn.
- • There are different ingredients needed to soak or cook in different length of time according to their dryness!
- • If you do not like to chew Szechwan peppercorns take out those rights before plating.
- If you like this, find more of my recipes at www.BestOodles.com
People Who Like This Dish 0
- BestOodles SFSJSMF, Northern Califo
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookBestOodles SFSJSMF, Northern Califo
- Not added to any groups yet!