Red Potato And Broccoli Salad With Caper VinaigretteFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 6 to 7 small red potatoes if bigger than a golf ball, quarter them shopping list
- splash of vermouth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- splash of sherry vinegar shopping list
- 2/3 of a lb. of broccoli florets shopping list
- 1/3 cup of chopped roasted red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup of pepperoni slices, slivered shopping list
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sliced red onion shopping list
- dressing: shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of sherry vinegar shopping list
- pinch of cracked red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of capers drained shopping list
- 1/3 cup of olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Prep potatoes and bring to a boil in large sauce pot of heavily salted water. cook until just barely tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon move potatoes to a large salad bowl,
- immediately douse with a splash of vermouth, vinegar and sprinkle of salt. The hot potatoes soak up the flavor and it makes a difference.
- In the pot of water the potatoes were cooked in, quickly blanch the broccoli so that it remains green but it becomes more palatable and tender
- Drain and cool immediately.
- Make dressing by whisking vinegar, mustard, garlic and pepper with the oil. Add capers.
- Toss dressing over the warmed potatoes, add the broccoli,
- chopped pepperoni, diced peppers, sliced red onion and parmesan cheese.
- Toss gently and chill.