Skillet Upside Down Pineapple CakeFrom Kayde 3 years ago
- 1 c brown sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 6 slc pineapple, canned or fresh shopping list
- 6 maraschino cherries shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c pineapple juice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-low heat, cook butter until melted. Remove from heat. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Arrange pineapple over sugar, with a cherry in the center of each.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiffly beaten, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the yolks until thick and lemon colored. Add sugar, pineapple juice, and vanilla. Continue beating for 1-2 minutes. Sift dry ingredients together and stir into the batter. Gently fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour batter over pineapple in skillet
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes. When done, invert onto a large serving plate.