Ragu Chicken ParmFrom hythlae 3 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast (split & tenderized) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1-2 cups panko breadcrumbs (original, watch out for transfats!) shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 extra large jar Ragu Traditional spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1 pound spaghetti (uncooked) shopping list
- 4 cups shredded parmesan cheese (natural works best) shopping list
How to make it
- Add olive oil to a large nonstick skillet and place on medium-high heat.
- If not done already, split and tenderize the chicken breasts. (I use a meat pounder and put each breast between two sheets of wax paper).
- Pat the breasts dry and lightly salt and pepper each side of each breast.
- Spread flour into a pie pan or plate.
- Mix the egg and water in a third pie pan or plate.
- Add the Panko crumbs to a second pie pan or plate.
- Dredge each chicken breast first in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the flour mixture. Make sure the entire breast is coated evenly each time.
- Fry the breasts up in the hot skillet until brown on the outside, no pink on the inside. This may take two batches of frying.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to a boil with a tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan (I prefer nonstick) with Ragu sauce.
- Transfer all six chicken breasts to the baking pan.
- Cover the chicken breasts completely with sauce (this should use all the Ragu).
- Cover the top of the chicken/sauce mixture with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Use all the parmesan -- you should barely be able to make out any red from the sauce.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and slightly browned and the sauce bubbles on the sides.
- Meanwhile, add the spaghetti noodles to the boiling water.
- Boil noodles for 8-10 minutes or until you can bite a piece of spaghetti without crunch -- but before it goes soft.
- Drain and rinse spaghetti. Place back in pot and cover until the chicken is ready.
- Serve each plate with a medium portion of spaghetti noodles.
- Divide the chicken into one breast per plate on top of or to the side of the spaghetti.
- Spoon sauce and cheese mixture from the pan on top of the chicken and spaghetti.
- Let cool five minutes before eating.
- Make sure to tightly cover leftovers before refrigerating.
The Cookhythlae San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!