Jumbo Shrimp Stuffed With Cilantro And ChilesFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 8 jumbo shrimp,in shell(about 1-1/4 lb.) shopping list
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme,leaves stripped shopping list
- juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 c) shopping list
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic,chopped shopping list
- 1/2 large jalapen,with seeds shopping list
- 2 scallions,white and green parts shopping list
- 1 c coarsely chopped, fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Heat grill to med-high. Cut a deep slit in shrimp,through shell,doen ridged back and remove vein. Rinse and pat shrimp dry. Whisk thyme leaves,lime juice,1 TB olive oil,1/2 tsp salt and black pepper to taste in in shallow nonreactive dish. Add shrimp and refrigerate 30 mins.
- 2. Pulse garlic,jalapeno,svallions remaining 1 TB oil and 1/2 tsp salt in food processor to coarse paste. Add cilantro and pulse to incorporate. Spoon mixture into slit in shrimp and press to close opening.
- Lay shrimp on grill and cook 3 mins. Turn over,cover and cook until shrimp turn pink and are slightly firm to touch,about 2 mins. more. Sprinkle with salt and serve.