Really Good Mexican Chicken Vegetable SoupFrom dmajor 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 2 gloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- kernels from one ear of corn(or 1 can whole kernel corn, drained) shopping list
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 2 packages chicken taco seasoning shopping list
- 8 to 10 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 can green beans, drained shopping list
- 1 bag frozen stew vegetables shopping list
- 2 tablespoons or more fresh chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dry elbow pasta shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 2 cups rough chopped cooked chicken breast shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot drizzle olive oil.
- Bring to a medium heat and stir in chopped onion, chopped celery, chopped carrots, cob kernels(remove from ears by slicing off) or can whole kernel corn and the minced garlic.
- Cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in cans of diced tomatoes, chicken stock, drained green beans, and two packages Chicken Taco seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in frozen Stew vegetables and 2 chopped Cilantro and Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in elbow pasta or your favorite pasta(uncooked) the garlic salt, onion powder, and chicken breast.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium, cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve( if you want a thinner soup add more broth or water for thicker soup add less. ) Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream on the side if desired. You can also squeeze the juice of one or more limes into the soup before serving
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!