General Tsao's Cow On RyeFrom sckewer 2 years ago
- 2 slices rye bread, or whatever bread you have handy. shopping list
- a generous portion of thinly sliced roast beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped into bit sized pieces or smaller, this is optional but I like broccoli with any sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup red and yellow peppers sliced/julienne shopping list
- 1/4 cup shallots, sliced shopping list
- fresh chives to garnish shopping list
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds shopping list
- the sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp shaved ginger shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 4 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar shopping list
- 4 tbsp water shopping list
- 2 tsp hot chilli flakes, or sambal celek shopping list
How to make it
- toast the rye bread
- In a bowl mix your general's sauce together
- In a pan, or wok, on medium low heat begin cooking your shallots,while gently stirring, until their juices release, then add your peppers cook for about 30 seconds and then add your broccoli so that it stays crisp
- dredge your sliced beef through the sauce, and then through the sesame seeds, and then add it to the pan along with the sauce.
- Cook for about a minute longer stirring and flipping until it starts becoming sort of sticky.
- Your toast should be popping, so put the contents of the wok on the toast, and cut on a 45 degree bevel.
The Cooksckewer Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!