Healthy Banana Cranberry Oat BarsFrom twohot 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- * 1/4 cup almond milk (or other) or milk with vanilla exact shopping list
- * 1/4 cup sucanat or brown sugar shopping list
- * 1 tbsp ground flax seed shopping list
- * 1/4 cup coconut oil (or other light tasting oil), melted or almond oil/ buy at heath food store shopping list
- * 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- * 2 medium very ripe bananas shopping list
- * 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins and 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds shopping list
- * 1 1/2 cups regular oats shopping list
- * 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- * 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or other flour) shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- * 1/8th tsp kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Directions: Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8 inch square pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, ground flax seeds, soymilk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk together.
- Cut the bananas into chunks and stir into the wet mixture. Grab a fork or potato masher and mash the banana into the wet mixture. It is ok if some small chunks remain. Stir in the cranberries or raisins. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix your dry ingredients. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir well. Scoop the granola batter into the pan. Smooth out with a spoon or hands and press it down firmly.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes until the edges begin to golden and it is slightly firm to touch. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and cooling completely. Slice into 8-10 bars.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!