Jamaican Red Snapper With VegetablesFrom JaniiiceB 5 years ago
- 2 lbs whole snappers, cleaned and scaled shopping list
- (or substitute 1.5lb snapper fillets) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- salt & freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme shopping list
- (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano shopping list
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 8 oz calaloo or spinach, washed w/tough stems discarded shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 scotch bonnet or jalapeno chili, deseeded and minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Step 1: Rub the fish inside and out with the lime juice, season it with salt and pepper, and set aside to marinate.
- Step 2: Pour 6 tablespoons of the olive oil into a large roasting pan or baking dish and arrange the onion slices on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle them with thyme, oregano, and bay leaf and additional salt and pepper.
- Step 3: Drain the fish, saving the lime juice; pour the preserved lime juice over the onions in the pan. Place the snapper on top of the bed of onions.
- Step 4: Heat the oven to 400F
- Step 5: Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute all of the remaining ingredients for 3 minutes.
- Step 6: Place the sauteed vegetables around the fish and bake, uncovered, until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork (about 20 to 30 minutes).
The CookJaniiiceB Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!