Pickled JalapenosFrom rtylenda 3 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Trim Jalapenos of woody stem, wash and dry. Using knife or kitchen shears cut an "X" into tip of peppers and using a toothpick pierce the fat end of peppers to permit brine complete access to pepper's interior.
- 2. Sterilize jars and tops.
- 3. Make brine. Bring 2 pints of water and 2 pints of vinegar to just a boil and remove from heat. This amount of brine was adequate for 5 pints.
- 4. Into sterilized jar add 1/2 TB Pickling Spice, 1/2 tb sugar, 1/2 tb salt, 1 bay leaf. Pack with prepared peppers, fill with brine, lid and seal.
- 5. Place sealed jars into boiling water bath and boil for 15 minutes. Remove and cool at room temperature.
- 6. Store in dark, cool place for up to a year (so I read). Peppers will be ready in 1-2 weeks.
- 7. WASH HANDS OFTEN OR USE GLOVES DURING HANDLING.
The Cookrtylenda Steelton, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!