Classic Cookie Mix In A JarFrom fattening_up 5 years ago
- 2 & 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 & 1/2 cups Hershey's mini kisses milk chocolates, divided shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- To bake: shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened and cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt. Transfer mixture to clean 1 quart (4 cups!) glass jar with lid; pack down into bottom of jar.
- 2. Layer with 1 cup Hershey's milk chocolates and brown sugar.*
- 3. Top with remaining 1/2 cup chocolates; close jar. Attach card with baking instructions.
- *To increase shelf life of mix, wrap brown sugar in plastic wrap and press into place
- Baking instructions:
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- 2. Spoon contents of jar into large bowl; stir to break up an lumps. Add butter and vanilla extract; stir until crumbly mixture forms. Add eggs; stir to form smooth, very stiff dough. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
The Cookfattening_up South San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!