Green Bean And Mushroom CasseroleFrom morninlite 3 years ago
- 1 lb. mushrooms shopping list
- 1 medium onion sliced shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 1/4 c. flour shopping list
- 2 c. warm milk shopping list
- 1 c. light cream shopping list
- 3 pkg. frozen french cut green beans (probably the small boxes) shopping list
- 3/4 lb. sharp cheddar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp Tobasco sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 - 5 oz. can water chestnuts, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 c. slivered almonds, toasted shopping list
- 2 tsp soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Saute sliced mushrooms and onion slices in butter. Add flour and cook until smooth. Add this mixture to milk and cream in double boiler. keep it stirred. Add cheese, Tobasco and soy sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer until cheese is melted.
- Cook green beans until just tender, drain. Mix with mushroom sauce and sliced water chestnuts. Pour into casserole and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Bake 20 minutes at 375 until it bubbles. If casserole has been prepared ahead of time, allow 35 to 40 minutes for baking.
The Cookmorninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!