Rolled Pork Neck Stuffed With Boozy PrunesFrom staccato 2 years ago
- 1.5 kilograms pork neck, butterflied or use pork belly or deboned shoulder instead of neck shopping list
- 1 pinch salt and milled pepper shopping list
- Stuffing; shopping list
- 10 dried prunes, de-pipped shopping list
- 60 ml brandy, sherry or warm water shopping list
- 1 glug olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped shopping list
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled shopping list
- 3 ml ground cloves shopping list
- 2 tsp fennel seeds shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Soak prunes in brandy for 30-60 minutes until they plump up then finely chop.
- 2 Heat a glug of oil and fry onion until soft.
- 3 Add remaining ingredients and fry for another minute.
- 4 Cool, then stir in prunes and any remaining brandy.
- 5 Preheat oven to 220ºC.
- 6 Open pork out onto a board and spread over stuffing and season well.
- 7 Roll pork and secure with kitchen string at 3-4 cm intervals.
- 8 Roast pork for 30 minutes, then reduce temperature to 160ºC and roast for 30 minutes for each 500g (eg: 1.5 kg = 90 minutes).
- Allow pork to rest in a warm place for 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Serve with creamy mashed potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes