Braised Beef Tips Crepe FillingFrom wylddwoman 4 years ago
- 2 lbs. beef tips or sirloin steaks, cut in 1" cubes shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 11.5 oz. jar French porcini mushrooms (in oil) shopping list
- 10.5 oz. can beef consomme shopping list
- 1/3 c. red wine (or cranberry juice) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 clove garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1/2 c. shallots (chopped) shopping list
- cornstarch slurry (2 Tbsp cornstarch, 1/4 c. cold water) shopping list
- Large skillet or fry pan with cover shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter the skillet and brown the meat on all sides.
- Stir in the consomme, wine, Worcestershire, garlic, and shallots.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Mix the cornstarch and water and gradually stir into the meat mixture.
- Stirring constantly, cook the until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Fill crêpe with 1/2 c. of the filling, fold closed, and spoon a few more tablespoons over the crêpe.
- Garnish with parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- wylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!