Old-Fashion Chewy Molasses CookiesFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup molasses shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- sugar to roll them in shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, butter, molasses, milk, eggs, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat at low speed, scraping the sides of the bowl often, until it is well mixed. It takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate until the dough is firm. Ususally about 2 hours will do the trick.
- On a plate or in a shallow dish, add a layer of sugar.
- Shape dough into rounded tablespoons full and roll into the sugar.
- Place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are slightly firm to the touch.
- Makes about 4-4 1/2 dozen cookies.
- These are melt-in-your-mouth delights!!!