Fried Chicken BurritosFrom iamericap 5 years ago
- 10 medium size (about 7 inches) flour tortillas shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying pan shopping list
- 4 (5-oz) cans of chicken meat shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup cheddar cheese (I use a whole cup, but that might be a bit much for some of you) shopping list
- 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese shopping list
- 1 can mild Ro-Tel shopping list
- approx 1/2 of a can of black beans shopping list
How to make it
- If you have a strainer that will stand up on it's own, while you pour stuff into it, that's great. Otherwise, just drain everything really well, before throwing it into a bowl. Mix everything together.
- Put about 3 tablespoons of the mixture into the burrito. See Photo
- Get your hands a bit wet. Now fold the bottom of the burrito over the mixture. Then fold the sides in See Photo. Finally fold the top down See Photo. Set aside.
- Fold all 10 burritos in this fashion. Let sit for about 15 minutes to allow the burritos to dry. See Photo
- (You work with wet hands, and allow the burritos to dry before frying them so that the burrito will stay closed when you fry them.)
- Pour about 3/4 of an inch of oil into a frying pan, and get it hot. (You know it's ready when you sprinkle a bit of water into the pan, and it starts to sizzle and pop like crazy.)
- Now CAREFULLY put one or two burritos into the frying pan. Press them down with a spatula. Once its nice and golden on the bottom, turn it over, and cook the top. Each side only needs about a minute to cook.
- Take the burritos out of the frying pan, and place onto a wire rack to drain the oil off, and cool a bit. See Photo
- Serve with picante sauce and sour cream.
The Cookiamericap Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!