Biscotti AlohaFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coconut Amaretto shopping list
- 2 cups plus two tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy then beat in eggs and amaretto.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture mixing until blended then fold in nuts and coconut.
- Divide dough in half.
- On greased and floured baking sheet pat out into logs about 1/2" high, 1-1/2" wide and 14" long.
- Space at least 2" apart on bake sheet and bake in middle rack of 325 oven for 25 minutes.
- Transfer from baking sheet to a rack and let cool for five minutes.
- Place on a cutting board and slice diagonally on a 45 degree angle about 1/2" thick.
- Lay slices flat on baking sheet and return to oven for 10 minutes longer turning once.
- Let cool on a rack then store in a tightly covered container.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!