Hi Low baked Spinach DipFrom optimistic1_2 5 years ago
- 1/2 stick of light cream cheese (room temperature) shopping list
- 1 cup light sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup of hellmans olive oil less fat mayo shopping list
- 1 pkg of thawed chopped spinach, water removed shopping list
- 3 green onions chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pkg of knorr dried vegetable soup mix shopping list
- 1\4 cup of finely diced red peppers shopping list
- 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar ( I use baldersan) shopping list
- 2 whole wheat pitas ( thin ones) shopping list
- 2 greek pitas shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- mix first seven ingredients. let sit for 30 minutes.
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- cut whole wheat pita into triangles and bake, turning often, till crisp.
- remove from oven and set aside.
- I have a 6x6 pan that fits this mixture well, but have done it in 2 small oval oven proof dishes.
- coat dishes with olive oil spray.
- layer mixture in dishes of choice
- grate cheese on top.
- Put in oven.
- cut greek pita into triangles and fry triangles in hot olive oil, til crispy, turning once.
- cook dip till cheese is bubbly.
- serve with hi and low dippers!
The Cookoptimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!