Apple Cabbage SoupFrom POTAGE 3 years ago
- 4 granny smith apples (Fine Diced) shopping list
- 3 cups green cabbage (Sliced Thin) shopping list
- 1 cup leeks (Fine Diced) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1/2 cup vsop cognac shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (Grated) shopping list
- 1 liter riesling wine (Applewood white wine) shopping list
- 8 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 red delicious apples (Fine Diced) shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, core and fine dice the granny apples. Peel, core and fine dice the red delicious apples. Place the apples into small bowls of lemon water.
- Slice the cabbage thin and place into a bowl of water. Fine dice the white part of the leeks. Wash the leeks and place into a bowl of water.
- Drain the granny smith apples, green cabbage and leeks.
- In a soup pot melt the butter. Add the leeks, bay leaves, cinnamon stick and cabbage. Saute cabbage and leeks until they are tender about 4-5 minutes. Add the diced granny smith apples and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add the VSOP Cognac to the soup. Reduce the cognac by half and grate the fresh ginger into the soup.
- Add the Apple Wine, vegetable stock and raw sugar to the soup. Bring the soup to a full boil. Reduce the soup to a slow simmer for 25 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the soup from the stove. Discard the bay leaves and the cinnamon stick.
- Wisk ground ground cinnamon into the soup.
- Season with ground cinnamon to your taste.
- Garnish the soup with fine diced Red Delicious.
- Chef's Note: this soup can be served hot or chilled.
- You can use any Apple Wine for the soup.
The CookPOTAGE Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!