Lemony Garlic And Green Onion Pasta SauceFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 lb long tube spaghetti or linguini shopping list
- 1/2 c. pasta cooking water shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (with a peppery flavor is best) shopping list
- 4 cups chopped scallions (green onions from 4 bunches) shopping list
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 oz finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (1/2 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook spaghetti in a 6 to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until 'al dente'.
- While pasta cooks, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook scallions and garlic, stirring occasionally, until scallions are softened and garlic begins to turn golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer scallion mixture (except for a few tbsp for a topping to finished dish) to a blender and add zest, salt, pepper, remaining olive oil, and 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then puree until smooth.
- Drain pasta in a colander and return to pot.
- Toss pasta with scallion puree, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste over moderate heat until pasta is well coated. Makes 6 main-course servings.
- Make sure to serve with really crusty Italian bread and flavored oil or sweet creamery butter on the side.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!