Apple Phyllo PieFrom mark555 4 years ago
- • 5 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced shopping list
- • 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- • 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- • 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- • 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- • 1 tbsp flour shopping list
- • 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- • 6 sheets 9-inch by 14-inch phyllo dough shopping list
- • butter flavor cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Peel, core and slice apples thinly. Combine apples, honey, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon and flour in a large bowl and set aside.
- Stack six phyllo sheets on a clean surface. Working quickly, spray the top sheet with the butter flavor cooking spray and lay on the pie plate. Push the dough into the plate, leaving the sides overhanging.
- Spray the next sheet and lay on top of the first sheet.
- Spray the third layer and lay it so that the sides overhang the opposite side of the plate, making a cross shape. Do the same with the fourth sheet.
- Spray the fifth sheet and lay it at an angle to the other sheets, and lay the sixth sheet at the opposite angle to the fifth.
- Spoon apple mixture into the pie plate, forming a large mound.
- Gather overhanging sides of phyllo sheets up to form a galette-style pie (where some of the fruit remains exposed in the center).
- Place in the oven and Bake for 30-35 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 4
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- mochabest Nowhere, Us
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔