Baking Soda BiscuitsFrom jelvenko 5 years ago
How to make it
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl.
- Cut in the shortening till like coarse crumbs.
- Make a well; add milk all at once.
- Stir quickly with fork just till dough follows fork around bowl.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface. (Dough should be soft.)
- Knead gently 10-12 strokes.
- Roll or pat dough to 1/2"-1" thick.
- Dip cutter in flour; cut dough straight down -- no twisting.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 450 for 12-15 minutes.*
- *I only bake mine for 10 minutes. The baking time will vary based on how your oven runs, mine runs a little hot so if I bake them for the time specified in the recipe they will burn.
- Drop Biscuits
- Increase milk to 1 c.
- Drop from teaspoon onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake according to directions above.
The Cookjelvenko Sebring, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!