Swordfish Cakes With Warm Crab Vinaigrette – Kerulian StyleFrom alisdhair 3 years ago
- 2 ½ lbs of swordfish steak shopping list
- ½ cup of taro root shopping list
- ½ cup of yellow potato shopping list
- 1 large fire roasted green chili (can use a poblano) shopping list
- 2 tbls. of fresh chopped mint shopping list
- 3 tbls. of fresh chopped cilantro shopping list
- The juice of I large lime shopping list
- salt and white pepper shopping list
- --- shopping list
- 2 cups of coarse fresh breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- Half olive and half vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- ---“Vinaigrette”--- shopping list
- 1 cup of crab claw meat (cooked) shopping list
- A bunch of scallions shopping list
- 1 cup of melted clarified butter shopping list
- A small splash of olive oil shopping list
- 3 egg yolks (from smaller eggs) shopping list
- ¼ cup of lemon juice shopping list
- ¼ cup of bitter orange juice shopping list
- ¼ cup of thin coconut milk shopping list
- 4 curry leaves shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic (very finely chopped) shopping list
How to make it
- FOR THE FISH CAKES: Grill the fish until it is done enough to be flaked, then flake it into a medium sized consistency. Peel and boil the potato and the taro until very well done and then mash them smooth. Peel the chili and chop it to a small dice. The herbs should be finely chopped.
- Gently combine all these together, seasoning with the lime juice, salt and white pepper. Refrigerate for an hour and then form it into as many as you want patties in a suitable size for your needs.
- Beat the eggs and dip the fish cakes into them and then thoroughly coat with the breadcrumbs. Fry them carefully in the oil on both sides until crisp and golden. Drain them for a spell.
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE: When you make the clarified butter steep the curry leaves in it as you do so, removing them when finished.
- Furiously chop the crab meat until it is just a little above a paste. The scallions (green parts only) must be finely chopped. Mince the garlic finely. Using the small amount of olive oil, sauté the scallions and the crab only for a minute and a half or so. Add the garlic to them halfway through.
- Beat the egg yolks into the coconut milk. Slowly pour in the butter while it is quite hot and whisk it with great passion all the while – this should give you a smooth and thick sauce.
- Gently fold in the cooked crab and scallions. Mix in the citrus juices and then set it over a very low heat and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens all the more.
- SERVE: As an appetizer two 2 ½ oz. cakes with the vinaigrette over them. As a lighter meal, serve two 4 oz. cakes on the same plate with a nice heap of SYRIAN FATTOUSH (see recipe)
People Who Like This Dish 0
- alisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!