Apple -pecan Olive Oil CakeFrom doreenfish 2 years ago
- 1 c ap unbleached flour shopping list
- 1/2 c ww flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 lg egg shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 2/3 c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 1/2 c peeled, grated apples, about 1 1/2 apples shopping list
- 1 firm red apple cut in half and thinly sliced shopping list
- 15 pecan halves shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 1/4 c brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tsp water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Insert the base into a 9 inch springform pan lip side up...this actually makes it easier to get cake out.Spray with oil and line with parchment paper. set aside.
- Whisk together flours with cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.Whisk egg with sugar and olive oil. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture. Stir in chopped pecans and grated apples.Scrape into pan and smooth out. Batter will be thick.
- Arrange sliced apples over top and arrange pecan halves in one layer in the centre of the cake.
- Mix together glaze ingredients and warm in microwave till sugar has melted. Brush half of glaze over apples and pecans saving half.
- Bake in oven for 45 mins. Remove from oven and brush with remaining glaze. Run a smooth edge knife around edge of pan and then remove ring.Let cool completely about 1 hour and serve with whipped cream. So delicious!!
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!