Beef CarnitasFrom davik 4 years ago
- 1.5 lbs top round, trimmed of fat and cut in to 1/8th inch strips across the grain shopping list
- pico de gallo shopping list
- 2-3 small onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2-3 mild green chiles (anaheim work well), thinly sliced shopping list
- 5-6 jalapenos, thinly sliced shopping list
- flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 T vegetable oil shopping list
- marinade shopping list
- 6 T vegetable oil shopping list
- 6 T soy sauce shopping list
- 2 T dried oregano shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 T cayenne, or to taste shopping list
- 1 capful liquid smoke shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the marinade ingredients, and marinate the beef for a day.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet or wok (not non-stick) on high
- heat until almost smoking, then drain the marinade and add the
- beef (you may need to do this in two or three batches to keep the
- oil hot enough).
- Stir it around continuously for a minute or two until well browned, but not over cooked.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Drop the heat down to medium, add the chiles and onions, and set
- your oven to 350.
- Cook the onions and chiles until soft, and toward the end of this throw your tortillas in the oven to warm up.
- When the chiles and onions are done kill the heat and return the beef to the pan and mix it all together.
- Serve on the tortillas with some pico de gallo or salsa.
The Cookdavik Lansing, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!