Southern Style Baked BeansFrom georgiarose 3 years ago
- 8 slices bacon, halved shopping list
- 1 onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 green pepper, finely diced shopping list
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) pork and beans (See note in intro) shopping list
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce ( I used Sweet Baby Rays Original) shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup distilled or cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard or 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Place oven rack in the lower-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Fry bacon slices in large skillet (big enough to ultimately hold all ingredients) until bacon is partially cooked. (There should be about 1/4 cup drippings in the pan). Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Add onions and peppers to drippings in pan and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans and remaining ingredients bring to a simmer. Pour bean mixture into a greased 13-by 9-inch ovenproof pan. Top with bacon slices. Bake for about 2 hours, until beans are bubbly and sauce is the consistency of pancake syrup. Let stand for 5-10 minutes to thicken slightly and serve.
The Cookgeorgiarose Tallahassee, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!