Vegan Coconut CurryFrom stormy_ide_girl 5 years ago
- 1 small onion, cut into 3/4 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper, cubed shopping list
- 1 cup halved mushrooms shopping list
- 3 cups broccoli shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots or whole sugar snap peas shopping list
- ***Coconut-curry Sauce*** shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar or cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 1/2 teaspoon cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Separately blanch the broccoli and carrots (or sugar snap peas)until tender-crisp in plain boiling water.
- Drain and rush under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again. Combine the Coconut-Curry Sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust the sugar to your liking.
- Heat a wok or wide skillet over high heat until hot.
- Add the canola oil, swirl to glaze the pan.
- Add the onions and bell pepper.
- Stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and stir until hot, a few minutes more.
- Add the blanched vegetables and toss to mix.
- Stir the sauce and add it to the pan.
- Bring it to a simmer, tossing to combine.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture to recombine and add it to the pan.
- Stir until the sauce turns glossy, about 10 seconds (a bit longer if you are doubling the sauce).
- Add the sesame oil and toss to mix.
The Cookstormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!