Chicken And MushroomsFrom fewls 2 years ago
- •3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- •1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- •1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- •1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- •1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- •3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves each cut in half shopping list
- •3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- •3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- •1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- •10 fresh mushrooms (5 white & 5 baby bella or Crimini, sliced) shopping list
- •12 dry shiitake mushrooms or other dried mushroom medley, soaked in hot water for ½ hour shopping list
- •1/4 cup of the mushroom soaking water shopping list
- •3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- •1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- •1/4 slice of lime shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and peppers; mix well. In another, beat the egg.
- 2. Dip chicken in the egg and then in the flour mixture, coating well. Re-coat in flour several times over the next 30 minutes while the chicken is resting. If standing longer, cover and place in refridgerator. Standing helps the flour adhere and gives you a good crust.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Make sure that the oil is hot. Add chicken carefully and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden. Remove chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- 4. Melt 3 T of butter, scraping up the chicken bits, and then add the onions and mushrooms; saute 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Add two tablespoons of the flour, mixing until caramal colored
- 6. Add the chicken broth, mushroom water and wine; bring to a boil and reduce the stock until it begins to thicken
- 7. Return chicken to skillet and cook 6 to 8 more minutes, or until no pink remains, turning chicken once.
- 8. Adjust the seasoning; before you add salt just before serving, squeeze the juice from the lime quarter into the gravy and stir.
- 10. Spoon mushroom sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!