Not Sausage, Pepper And Onion PastaFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 8 oz dry whole-grain rigatoni (or other chunky pasta) shopping list
- 2 tbsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 sweet bell peppers, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds shopping list
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- In a small food processor or blender, puree the tomatoes, garlic, 1/2 tbsp of the oil and parsley. Set aside.
- Cook rigatoni in a large pot of boiling water with the kosher salt until al dente. Drain (DO NOT RINSE!) and return to pot. Keep warm.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a deep skillet over medium and add the bell pepper and onion.
- Cook until soft and golden, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the spices, stir well and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the sauteed mixture, tomato-garlic puree and lemon juice to the pasta, stir well and serve immediately.