Butter Chicken With YogurtFrom TrishDish 5 years ago
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, large size, cubed shopping list
- 1 medium can of tomato paste shopping list
- 2 cups yogurt shopping list
- 2% milk 1/2 cup shopping list
- white/brown basmati rice, enough for 6 (2-3 cups in my rice maker) shopping list
- 1 large onion, either red/white shopping list
- 6(ish) garlic cloves, diced shopping list
- 1 small can of pre-diced green chilis shopping list
- 1/2-1 head of cauliflower, chopped shopping list
- 2 large carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 large potatoes, cubed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coriander ground shopping list
- 2 tablespoons curry powder shopping list
- 3 tablespoons garam masala shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons tumeric shopping list
- salt, pepper to taste shopping list
- olive oil to saute garlic, onion and chicken shopping list
How to make it
- Prep: chop up onion, garlic, and chicken. place in a large pot, saute with olive oil on medium/high heat. start rice while chopping veggies otherwise you will wait for rice at the end and get extra hungry.
- While the chicken is cooking, peel carrots, potatoes, and chop up with cauliflower. You may want to nuke the carrots and potatoes for a few minutes in the microwave to speed up the cooking process, as they take a while to soften in the sauce.
- Once the onions/chicken is cooked, add spices, stir for 3ish minutes, then cover ingredients with milk.
- Add yogurt, one cup at a time, stir well.
- Add in tomato paste to sweeten, thicken, and add color
- cook for another 10 mins, then add in potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower.
- add in can of chilis
- cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally
- add more spices, and yogurt to your taste and desired thickness
- add salt and pepper to taste
- serve over rice when sauce is thick, and cauliflower is at desired texture
- Optional: goes well with garlic bread
People Who Like This Dish 8
The CookTrishDish Vancouver, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!