Apple Cheddar Cheese MuffinsFrom shecooks4u 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached organic all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup baking sugar plus one tablespoon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, peeled granny smith apples shopping list
- 4 ounces finely chopped (not grated) sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk plus 1/2 tsp heavy cream for each muffin shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 jumbo brown egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted smashed plain cornflakes shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 muffn cups. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine all flour, whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup of baking sugar, baking powder, salt, allspice, apples and cheese; blend well.
- Add 1/2 cup milk, melted butter, and egg.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (batter will be very thick) Spoon batter into greased muffin cups. Pat in a pinch of smashed cornflakes to the top of each muffin. Add 1/2 tsp of heavy cream and additional sugar over the top of each muffin before going into oven.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 16-18 minutes.
- Serve warm. 12 muffins.
The Cookshecooks4u Chandler, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!