No-bake Avocado CheesecakeFrom sugarmama 2 years ago
- CRUST: shopping list
- ¾ cup crushed original flavored graham crackers shopping list
- ¾ cup crushed chocolate flavored graham crackers shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- CHEESECAKE: shopping list
- 2 Tbsps unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 bars cream cheese (225 grams each) shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar ( or to taste) shopping list
- About a cup avocado pulp, coarsely mashed with a fork shopping list
- 3 Tbsps lemon juice ( to be mixed to avocado pulp to prevent the pulp from discoloration) shopping list
- 1 240 gms cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 240 gms cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- PREPARE THE CRUST:
- Prepare a big glass mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well with a rubber spatula. With the aid of the back of a spoon press mixture against the bottom of the prepared glass mixing bowl & up to about ½ inch of the wall of the bowl See Photo. Set aside.
- MAKE THE CHEESECAKE:
- Mix mashed Avocado pulp & lemon juice well. Set aside.
- In a saucepan disperse the gelatin in water. Set aside for 5 mins. to allow the gelatin granules to swell. After 5 mins. place the saucepan over low heat. Stir continuously until the gelatin granules have dissolved completely taking care that it does not come to a boil. It is important to note that boiling water weakens the gelatin structure. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light & fluffy . Add the Avocado pulp, sugar, whipping cream & the sour cream. Continue to beat until smooth. Pour the gelatin solution. Continue to beat until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared crust. Level the surface of the chessecake with a spatula & chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
The Cooksugarmama Chicago, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!