Gingered Chicken-Mushroom Filipino AdoboFrom sugarmama 3 years ago
- 3 Tablespoons or a little bit more olive oil or coconut oil shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- a handful of diced sweet white onions shopping list
- 2 small bags of chopped baby bella mushrooms shopping list
- 3 pieces of ginger root, each about a thumb size & chopped into 2 shopping list
- 8-10 pieces chicken wings shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- blackpepper, to taste shopping list
- about 2 Tablespoons of whole peppercorns shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- cider vinegar, to taste (start with 2 Tablespoons) shopping list
- soy sauce, to taste (start with 5 Tablespoons) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon molasses, or sweetness you prefer shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- about 2 Tablespoons olive or coconut oil shopping list
How to make it
- Saute garlic & onions in oil until garlic is fragrant but not burnt & onions becomes translucent & tender.
- Saute in mushrooms & ginger root.
- Stir in wings until opaque.
- Add in water, blackpepper, pepper corns, bay leaves, vinegar,soy sauce, molasses, & salt.
- Let simmer on low heat until chicken is cooked & tender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Simmer further until liquid is almost dried up then stir in the 2 Tablespoons oil.
- Best serve hot with steamed white rice!
The Cooksugarmama Chicago, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!