Oysters Rockefeller Casserole W/phyllo CrustFrom KGilkey 4 years ago
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen leaf spinach shopping list
- 10 ounces crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 2 pints of fresh oysters slightly cooked shopping list
- ½ lb. bacon cooked until crisp and then chop or crumpled shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 2 shallots chopped finely shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 16-ounce package phyllo dough shopping list
- (found near the frozen pie shells in most grocery stores) shopping list
- ¾ cup melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Prepare spinach per package directions, then drain and squeeze remaining liquid our with paper towels. In large bowl, mix spinach, feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, oysters, bacon, garlic, and shallots, salt and pepper to taste. Add egg beaten and mix until combined.
- Spray a two quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Place a layer of phyllo on bottom, brush with butter and place another layer. Brush this layer with butter and add spinach mixture. Top casserole with four layers of Phyllo dough, buttering top of each layer. Drizzle remaining butter over top of casserole.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Note: Keep phyllo dough moist by covering with damp kitchen towel while working with it. Leftover Phyllo dough can be wrapped well and refrozen.
The CookKGilkey Elkton, Maryland
- Not added to any groups yet!