Blueberry Sourdough Muffins w/ Cardamom and LemonFrom moxie2burn 5 years ago
- Crumbles: shopping list
- 1/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c. flour shopping list
- 2 T. butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- Muffins: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups for 12 muffins.
- For the crumble:
- In a small bowl, blend all topping ingredients until crumbly. You want it sandy, but with some pea-size pieces of crumble. Set aside.
- For the muffins:
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spice in large bowl. Mix to combine. In another bowl, beat the egg. Add sourdough starter, buttermilk and oil. Mix well. Add dry ingredients all at once to wet ingredients. Stir until just mixed. Gently fold in 1 cup frozen blueberries and spoon evenly into the muffin tins, filing each cup 2/3 full. Sprinkle the crumbles evenly over the muffins. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove immediately from the tin and cool on rack.
The Cookmoxie2burn Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska
- Not added to any groups yet!