Yam KebabsFrom sm8085 3 years ago
- 500 grams Yam- peeled and cut into cubes shopping list
- 6 cloves of garlic shopping list
- green chilies- as many as you want shopping list
- ginger-1 inch shopping list
- a small bunch of cilantro shopping list
- turmeric powder -1/4 tsp shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 3 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp cumin powder shopping list
- 4 tsp coriander powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder* shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- bread crumbs shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- *(pepper,cloves,cinnamon,cardamom makes a basic one. Add nutmeg/mace/star anise, etc. if you're in the mood/have the ingredients/ have the patience/ have the time) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil yam with turmeric and water till it's fully cooked (Use a pressure cooker, saves time). Drain water completely.
- Chuck the remaining ingredients (except the bread crumbs) in a food processor till it forms a mush.
- Now would be the time to check if you've got your seasoning right....
- Add enough bread crumbs to bind this mix.
- Roll out the mixture into small balls and flatten them with the help of your palms.
- Shallow fry in oil till both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with Mint & Yogurt dip. I just use ketchup.
The Cooksm8085 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!