Wild Rice Stuffing With Fresh Goat Cheese LogFrom corrinnej 3 years ago
- 4 oz. Chavrie fresh goat cheese Log, Original shopping list
- 4 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup wild rice shopping list
- ½ cup onions (minced) shopping list
- ½ cup celery (diced) shopping list
- ½ cup carrot (diced) shopping list
- 6-8 chestnuts shopping list
- ½ cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 4 each Cornish hens shopping list
- salt and pepper to season shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the rice in boiling water following directions on the package.
- In a separate pan, sauté together the carrots, onions and celery.
- When rice is almost cooked, add the sautéed vegetable mixture, chestnuts and cranberries, then spread out on a sheet tray to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare the hens by seasoning the interior body cavity with salt and pepper.
- Spoon liberal spoonfuls of the wild rice mixture into the hens.
- Divide the Chavrie® logs into 4 slices.
- Insert one slice of Chavrie® log into each hen.
- Roast hens 45 minutes to 1 hour or until an instant reading thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 170 degrees. Allow hens to rest.
The Cookcorrinnej New Holland, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!