Chinese Sesame Shrimp ToastFrom sm8085 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 large egg white shopping list
- 2 spring onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh gingerroot shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and if desired deveined shopping list
- french baguette sliced into 20 pieces/ 5 slices white bread (cut each slice into 4 equal squares/triangles...a day old bread would hold the shrimp mix better) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Blend sesame oil, soy sauce, cornstarch, egg white, scallions, garlic, ginger and salt. Add shrimp and pulse until mixture is almost (but not totally) paste like.
- Divide mixture among bread slices, spreading it evenly to edges, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- In a heavy saucepan or wok heat oil (to test if it's hot enough, drop a tiny piece of bread:it should rise up and start bubbling).Fry shrimp toasts in batches, coated sides down first, about 1 minute on each side, or until golden. Transfer shrimp toasts with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and serve warm with ketchup or sweet chili sauce.
The Cooksm8085 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!