Easy PaellaFrom takopoly 2 years ago
- 1/2 tsp saffron shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1-2 garlic clove(s), minced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper (or whatever colour you like), finely chopped shopping list
- one 14oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3/4 cup long-grain rice (basmati or jasmine is fine) shopping list
- 2.5 cups chicken or veggie stock shopping list
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika shopping list
- 8-10 shrimp shopping list
- 8-12 mussels (depending on size) shopping list
- 2 chorizo sausages, roasted or grilled and sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup black or violet olives shopping list
- chopped fresh parsley and lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the saffron in 2 tbsp boiling water; set aside.
- Heat oil in large pot; add onions; stir over med-high heat for a few minutes, then add pepper, garlic, cumin and chili powder and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, rice, stock, paprika and the steeped saffron.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low and gently simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is firm/tender and still slightly wet (add a bit of water if necessary). Nestle the mussels, shrimp, sausage and olives into the rice mixture. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes more, or until shrimp is cooked and mussels open.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
The Cooktakopoly Victoria, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!