Spinach And Sweet Corn Mashed PotatoesFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2-1/2 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup and 2 teaspoons butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup and 2 teaspoons heavy cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon and 1-3/4 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 2-1/3 cups and 1 tablespoon whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1-1/2 (10 ounce) packages fresh spinach, stems removed shopping list
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Boil until potatoes are tender about 15 minutes.
- Drain water and mash potatoes together with butter and heavy cream until light and fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in olive oil and saute corn 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir spinach and garlic into skillet and saute an additional 1 minute, until spinach is wilted.
- Fold mixture into mashed potatoes.
- Adjust seasonings and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!