RabbitFrom twohot 4 years ago
- ingredients shopping list
- • 1ea. Large rabbit Leg (per person) shopping list
- • 1/2 c. Good honey, local if you can get it shopping list
- • 1 sweet onion, chopped shopping list
- • 1 carrot, chopped shopping list
- • 2 celery ribs, chopped shopping list
- • 1 piece of ginger, peeled and chopped shopping list
- • 6 sprigs of thyme shopping list
- • 2 bay leaves shopping list
- • 4 parsley stems shopping list
- • 1tsp. black peppercorns shopping list
- • 2c. Good quality chicken stock shopping list
- • 2Tbs. canola oil shopping list
- • 2Tbs. white balsamic vinegar kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Note: In the restaurant we will often confit the Rabbit in duck fat but we have adapted this recipe for the home cook. Both methods work wonderfully for this very lean protein.
- 1. Generously salt and pepper Rabbit legs. Pre-heat oven to 325.
- 2. Heat Oil in a high-sided braising pan, wait for oil to get hot and quickly brown both sides of the Rabbit Legs. Remove Legs and add onions and carrots to hot oil, be careful not to burn the browned bits left behind by the legs. Once onions have a little color, add remaining ingredients, including browned legs and bring to a boil.
- 3. Place lid on pot and put into pre-heated oven. Braise Legs until very tender, begin checking after about an hour.
- 4. Once Legs are fork tender remove them carefully from the braising liquid and taste liquid for seasoning. Strain solids from liquid and return liquid to stove and reduce to a glaze. It may be necessary to adjust honey or salt levels. The glaze should be syrupy but not thick and not be too salty or too sweet. The acid in the vinegar should help balance the glaze. Glaze legs and serve.
- 5. Serve with the best quality local vegetables you can find.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!