Isabelle's Corn BreadFrom gelfling545 2 years ago
- 1 C cornmeal shopping list
- 1C flour shopping list
- 1t baking powder shopping list
- 1t baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 2T brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3T butter shopping list
- 1/2 C milk shopping list
- 1/3 C pure maple syrup shopping list
- 3/4C buttermilk or sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 C chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 & grease an 8 in. round (or square) pan or an 8 in cast iron skillet. (To bake in a larger skillet double recipe and increase baking time.)
- Sift together the 1st 6 (dry) ingredients & set aside
- Beat the eggs with the 1/2C milk.Mix the other wet ingredients together until well mixed; then add the dry ingredients, stirring with a fork until just mixed. Do not over mix. Stir in pecans or sprinkle them on top as preferred.
- Bake for 15 min. and check with a cake tester. If still wet, continue baking, checking every 5 min.
The Cookgelfling545 Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!