Boneless Chicken ParmFrom optimistic1_2 2 years ago
- 5 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 3/4 cup of flour shopping list
- tsp salt shopping list
- tsp pepper shopping list
- 3/4 shortening shopping list
- for the sauce shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1/2 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (drained) shopping list
- 1/2 cup merlot shopping list
- 1 tsp of dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- for the toppings at the end shopping list
- small bunch of fresh basil chopped to preference (don't chop till going to use) shopping list
- potato peel grated parmesean(three or 4 curls, or more!) shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan coat the bottom with olive oil and add onions and garlic (medium heat) . Saute for about 3 minutes.
- add drained tomatoes, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook uncovered at a low simmer, stirring often for about 20 minutes
- add merlot, cook another 5 min. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Combine flour salt and pepper set aside.
- one at a time in large plastic zip lock bag pound chicken breasts lightly till about 1/2 inch thick, (I use the flat side of a meat pounder).
- In large skillet heat shortening on med heat.
- coat chicken breast pieces with flour mixture, shake off excess.
- When oil is ready, cook chicken pieces 2 or three at a time, till brown on both sides(bout 3 or 4 minutes per side and no longer pink in the middle). Drain these on paper towel.
- To plate,
- Chicken , a few tablespoons of chunky sauce, basil to suit, and shaved parmesean.
- I served this with individual custard size mac and three cheese, asparagus, garlic bread and a mixed leaf salad with vinagrette
The Cookoptimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!