Pulled Pork by DougFrom schubo52 5 years ago
- 1 boneless pork butt (about 5-6 pounds) shopping list
- 1 Bay Leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground dry orange peel shopping list
- 3 tsp ground chipotle peppers shopping list
- 3 Tbl black pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbl white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbl dried oregano shopping list
- 1 Tbl dried cilantro leaves shopping list
How to make it
- With mortar and pestle or spice grinder, blend ingredients into a fine powder.
- Keep in a covered container or a 1 qt zip lock bag till ready to use .
- Coat pork shoulder with seasonings and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat smoker and prepare for an 8 hour smoke.
- Make sure wood chips are soaked and drained before using. Add charcoal and wood chips as necessary to keep temperature low, or between 200 - 225°F. Smoke pork shoulder for about 8 hours or until internal temperatures reach 185°F.
- Once pork is cooked remove from smoker. Wrap tightly in foil and allow to sit for an hour.
- Afterward unwrap pork butt and shred. Combine pork with 1/3 cup of your favorite table sauce thinned with 50/50 Apple Juice.
- Keep warm and serve on white bread buns with remaining sauce on the side. Top with Tide Water Cole Slaw. (found in my recipe section)
- Enjoy "Doug"
The Cookschubo52 North Chicago, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!