Blueberry-Lemon Chiffon CakeFrom sugarmama 2 years ago
- 2 cups unbleached cake flour shopping list
- ¼ cup unbleached white whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 8 large egg whites, at room temperature shopping list
- 5 large egg yolks, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel or lemon extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 cup blueberry puree shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 325 degree F. Sift flour, granulated sugar, baking
- powder, and salt into large bowl. Make a wide well in center. Add
- oil, egg yolks, lemon peel, water, and lemon juice. Whisk until
- smooth; set aside.
- 2. Beat all egg whites in large bowl on medium speed of electric
- mixer until frothy. Add cream of tartar. Gradually increasing speed,
- continue beating to stiff peaks. Gradually pour yolk mixture in thin,
- steady stream into beaten whites, folding in gently with rubber
- 3. Divide batter into 2 ungreased 9-inch square pans. Bake 65 to 70
- minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out
- clean and cake springs back when touched gently. Immediately
- loosen cake from pan by running metal spatula around side of pan
- & invert pan onto wire rack until completely cool, about 3 hours.
- 4. When completely cooled down turn cake layers upright onto
- serving plate. Frost with Lemon flavored Whipped Cream
- Frosting (recipe is in a separate posting).
The Cooksugarmama Chicago, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!