Gingerbread CookiesFrom MeAndMySweets 2 years ago
- 5 dl sugar shopping list
- 3/4 dl golden syrup shopping list
- 1 1/2 dl water shopping list
- 265 g butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp bitter orange powder (optional) shopping list
- 1,5 tbsp cinnamon powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cardamom shopping list
- 1 tsp clove powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp bicarbonate shopping list
- 14-15 dl flour shopping list
How to make it
- Day 1
- Place sugar, syrup, water, butter and spices (do not add the bicarbonate) in a saucepan and warm until the butter has melted.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Mix about 8 1/2 dl of the flour with the bicarbonate. Add the mixture and blend well. If the dough is too loose add more flour. However, you do not want to add too much flour as this will make the dough too hard. It's better to add in more during the baking. Also, the dough will harden when it rests over night.
- Let the dough rest over night in the refrigerator wreapt in plastic foil.
- Day 2
- Keep the dough in room temperature for about 2 hours before baking, otherwise the dough will be too hard and difficult to bake.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Knead the dough and check if you need to add more flour.
- Roll out the dough until its 2mm thick. Shape the dough in gingerbread molds of your liking. Place the gingerbread on an oven plate covered in papersheeting, and into the oven.
- Let bake in oven 5-10 minutes until golden.