PethaFrom sudha04 5 years ago
How to make it
- Peel the skin of ash gourd, remove the seeds and the soft part.
- Cut the hard part into cubes and add those to water with lime juice and leave it for half an hour.
- Now cook the pieces till translucent. Do not cook till soft.
- Drain the pieces. see that there is no water left.
- prepare a thick syrup using sugar and water to a thread like consistency.
- Add the pieces to it and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add essence and rose water to it and heat for about one minute. Turn off the heat.
- Leave it overnight or 7-8 hours.
- Remove the pieces from the syrup and heat the syrup till becomes thick.
- Now add the pieces to it and heat for 10-15 minutes till the syrup is almost dry.
- Allow it to cool and serve.
- Tip: these pieces can be cut into very small cubes and can be added to plum cakes.
The Cooksudha04 Sunnyvale, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!